Thank you for joining Driver's Seat, the School!
Fleet Forum, with registration number CHE-281.275.197, is a not-for-profit member association duly incorporated in accordance with the laws of Switzerland, or its nominee. Fleet Forum started Driver’s Seat, the School, in May 2020 to help managers make good use of the Coronavirus downtime by offering online trainings which could be purchased for drivers to complete at their own pace.
Fleet Forum has developed a proprietary platform ("the School") on Teachable to host multi-media courses ("Trainings") for consumption by end-users ("Learners") via Fleet Forum's properties (e.g., the Teachable website and mobile app).
Fleet Forum works with training providers, (“Associates”) to host their proprietary designed courses on the School. The Associates retains all rights of Training (except for the license rights granted to Fleet Forum through Training Partnership Agreements).
Using Driver's Seat, the School
The Trainings provide practical, flexible and convenient ways of learning knowledge, designed to fit around you and your needs.
Professional driving is a vocational skill; it cannot be learnt by online training only. The Trainings on the School are meant to impart knowledge, they are not a replacement for practical, hands-on training.
Professional drivers cannot learn to drive a vehicle online. Drivers should already have their necessary driving license and endorsements prior to undertaking the Trainings in the School.
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of any downloadable materials on the School’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the School’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or 'mirror' the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Fleet Forum at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
Fleet Forum believes strongly in preserving free speech and expression for our Learners as well as academic freedom for our Associates. We also want to make sure that all of our Learners and Associates feel safe and comfortable while using our Services. Through this clause, we want to ensure that people understand and follow the rules when participating in our online community and otherwise using our Services.
We may remove or edit inappropriate content or activity identified by or reported to us. We may separately suspend, disable, or terminate a user's access to all or part of the Services.
You are prohibited from using our Trainings to share content that:
- Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities.
- Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence. We don’t allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
- Harrasses others. We encourage commentary about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise inappropriate content directed at private individuals is not allowed.
- Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner.
- Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
You also aren't allowed to:
- Do anything that violates local, state, national, or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Share your password, let anyone besides yourself access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Attempt to access any other user's account.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Trainings, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Try to reverse engineer any portion of our Trainings.
- Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
- Use our Trainings to distribute malware.
- Use our Trainings or any functionality of the School for anything other than for completing online courses or for pedagogical purposes.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
All Learners participating in Trainings must agree to abide by the following code:
- I will register for only one account, unless expressly permitted to register for additional accounts by Fleet Forum.
- My answers to homework, quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments will be my own work (except for assignments that explicitly permit collaboration)
- I will not make solutions to homework, quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments available to anyone else (except to the extent an assignment explicitly permits sharing solutions). This includes both solutions written by me, as well as any solutions provided by Fleet Forum trainers or others.
- I will not engage in any other activities that will dishonestly improve my results or dishonestly improve or hurt the results of others.
Any violation of this code may result in your access to all or part of the Trainings being suspended, disabled, or terminated.
We care about the security of our users. While we work to protect the security of your account and related information, Fleet Forum cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account by emailing [email protected]
Payments, Attendance and Cancellation
Payment is due before getting access to the training.
Participation is required in order to receive the certificate. Learners must complete all required elements of the Trainings (which could include modules, assignments, quizzes or discussions) to receive their certificate.
Once access is given to a Learner, the training access cannot be transferred to other Learners. Fleet Forum will not offer refunds if the Learners do not complete the training; it is upto to the Learners to make use of the Training once given access.
The materials on the School’s website are provided 'as is'. Fleet Forum makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Fleet Forum does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Fleet Forum be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the School’s website, even if the Fleet Forum or an authorized of the Fleet Forum has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the School’s website may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Fleet Forum does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Fleet Forum and its Associates may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Fleet Forum does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Most links made from the School's Website are to reputable organisations. However, Fleet Forum cannot be held responsible for the accuracy or completeness of any pages on such linked Websites. The existence of such links does not represent an endorsement by Fleet Forum of any views expressed or products or services offered. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
Any claim relating to the School’s website shall be governed by Swiss law without regard to its conflict of law provisions.